Who is it for?
This is course for anyone wanting to become an first aider and is ideally suited to those who require training in emergency first aid in smaller, lower risk working environments, have fewer staff or where HSE guidelines indicate staff should be trained and hold a certificate in emergency first aid at work. Trainers will ensure that the course will be tailored specifically to the risks associated with your specific industry or business function.
With trainers from a variety of backgrounds, this course can be tailored to your specific workplace risks.
What is covered?
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock; provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
How long is it?
One Day (6 hours contact time)
Places are limited to 12 delegates per course and can be held throughout the UK at a venue of your choosing to keep disruption to your business to a minimum.
Valid for 3 years, refresher training is recommended on an annual basis before the certificate expires. Up to three months before the expiry date, the first aider can undertake another EFAW course. The new certificate will then be dated from that expiry date.