Who is it for?
This course is for those who are looking for a practical course to learn emergency first aid skills, ideally suited to those requiring first aid skills suited to low risk work environments without the need for an HSE course. This course does not qualify you as a first aider in the workplace under the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
With trainers from a variety of backgrounds, this course can be tailored to your specific workplace risks.
What is covered?
- What is First Aid?
- Why have First Aid?
- A range of common injuries specific to your work
- Use and understanding of the recovery position
- Recognising an unconscious casualty – breathing and not breathing
- Severe blood loss and shock
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Recording incidents and actions
How long is it?
Half Day (4 hours contact time)
Places are limited to 20 delegates per course and can be held throughout the UK at a venue of your choosing to keep disruption to your business to a minimum.
Refresher training is recommended every three years.