Who is it for?
This course is suited to construction project managers dealing with refurbishment where asbestos may be present. After completing the UKATA Asbestos Awareness syllabus we will begin with developing a good understanding of the key pieces of legislation. The remainder of the course will follow the process from evaluating pre construction information and survey reports through the removal and remediation process to updating of asbestos management plans. This will assist delegates in having the knowledge to ensure project are completed in a safe and compliant manner alongside ensuring best value is achieved from service providers.
What is covered?
- What is asbestos?
- How was it used?
- Who is at risk from asbestos?
- How does asbestos harm health?
- How is asbestos regulated?
- How to avoid the risks from asbestos
- Regulatory requirements
- Surveys and pre construction Information
- Procurement of remediation services
- Evaluating method statements
- The removal and remediation process
- Use and understanding of post remediation reports
- Updating of asbestos management plans
How long is it?
One Day (7 – 8 hours)
Places are limited to 15 delegates per course and can be held throughout the UK at a venue of your choosing to keep disruption to your business to a minimum.
Upon completion delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
A shorter refresher training course in line with the training requirements of regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 is available.