Who is it for?
This course is designed for those personnel employed in larger companies who are responsible for organising and controlling staff within their designated area, during the evacuation of the premises in the event of fire.
The action of a responsible person who at the time of crisis can portray calm and efficiency, are all too important during an outbreak of fire no matter how large or small. Vital seconds can be saved, as can both lives and property.
On completion of the course, attendees should have an adequate understanding of fire safety and should be able to recognise fire hazards within their workplace and be aware of the correct action to take in order to rectify those hazards.
What is covered?
- Legislation Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Group Exercise – includes raising the alarm, evacuation procedures, assembly
- Fire Marshal Role – duties and responsibilities
- Fire Prevention & Good Housekeeping – areas of danger & risk
- Chemistry of Fire – fire triangle & spread of fire
- Extinguisher Demonstration – ‘hands on’ staff training with live fire (wherever possible)
- Home Fire Safety
How long is it?
Half Day (3 – 4 hours)
Places are limited to 20 delegates per course and can be held throughout the UK at a venue of your choosing to keep disruption to your business to a minimum.
Upon completion delegates will receive a certificate of attendance.
A refresher training course in line with the training requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 is available.
To book a course or for further details please contact us.